Fully automated water treatment plant with obliquely-arranged lamellar clarifier, chamber filter press, pressure boosting station, fresh water tank and individually adjustable Siemens PLC with touchscreen display.
Obliquely-arranged lamellar clarifier:
The process water suspension accumulating in production is guided to a dirty water collection basin. An automated compressed air flushing program guarantees that the suspension remains homogeneous and the solid particles do not sediment in the collecting basin. The process water suspension is pumped by a specially designed submersible pump to the obliquely-arranged lamellar clarifier to be clarified.
The process water flows from the production through the specially coated honeycomb structure. With this honeycomb structure, the obliquely-arranged lamellar clarifier performance is 10 times greater than a conventional sedimentation tower.
The solid particles in the dirty water are separated by the physical flow process of the solid/liquid separation and sedimentation in the particle hopper. The sediment concentrated here can be dehydrated further via a chamber filter press. The water cleaned in the lamellar clarifier flows over an overflow to the fresh water tank and is returned to the production circuit.
The obliquely-arranged lamellar clarifier is equipped with an automatic flushing function and can be operated in the flow process 24h per day, 7 days per week.
ECS obliquely-arranged lamellar clarifier operate without the addition of additives.
- Obliquely-arranged lamellar clarifier with specially coated lamellar packages and ECS honeycomb structure
- Clarifying performance 10 times greater than conventional sedimentation towers
- Stainless steel inlet screen
- Fully-automatic switching between day and night operation, incl. follow-up time
- Integrated night operation flushing program for clarifier and lamellar packages
- Flushing program for process water collecting basin
- Special offshore sea water coating of the clarifier
- Metering station for addition of additives
- Obliquely-arranged lamellar clarifier flow monitor
Pressure boosting station
The liquid cleaned in the lamellar clarifier is brought to an operating pressure of approx. 4-6 bar by a pressure boosting station and supplied to the production machinery via pressurised water pipes.
The pressure boosting station is equipped with a check valve, manometer, pressure switch, ventilation valve and compensation tank. In addition, the pressure boosting station is monitored by a temperature sensor. In the process, it is assured that no damage occurs to the pressure boosting station in case of possible leakage in the pipeline system of the production lines.
An optional frequency-controlled pressure boosting station is available. This offers the advantage of consistent water pressure with a wide range of fresh water intake volumes.
- Automatic pressure pump control with pressure sensor
- Regulated operating pressure
- Compensation tank to accommodate for pressure surges
- Check and ventilation valve
- Temperature monitoring with a sensor
- Regulated pressure control with a frequency converter for consistent pressure with variable intake volumes
- Redundantly installed backup pressure pump
Chamber filter press
The sediment concentrated in the lamellar clarifier is pumped to the chamber filter press by means for further drainage by means of a diaphragm pump. The filtrate water drains through a droplet channel and is returned to the production circuit. The degree of drying of the filter cakes can be individually adjusted and is monitored by a pressure sensor.
If the setting for the degree of drying of the filter cakes is reached, the pressure in the chamber filter press is released through a relief valve and the filter press opens. The filter cakes fall, with the assistance of automatic shaking by means of a gear motor and vibrating shaft, to the container arranged below the chamber filter press.
The chamber filter press adjusts independently to varying volumes of sludge due to automatic sludge detection. As a result, manual adjustment of the press with a varying production load is not necessary.
- Hydraulic opening and closing of the filter plates
- Positioning sensor for plate package
- Hydraulic system pressure make-up via pressure sensor of up to 250 bar
- Compressed air diaphragm pump for abrasive sludge for filling the filter plates
- Fully automatic flushing of the diaphragm pump and lines with fresh water after each press cycle
- Pressure relief of the filter press via pneumatic valve
- Vibrating shaft with gear motor and position sensor
- Fully automatic sludge detection via pressure sensor and control
- Drip tray, including automatic opening and closing via pneumatic system
- Automatic core wash-out of the filter plates
- Automatic cleaning of the filter plates by means of spray bar and high-pressure nozzles
- Designed as a completely closed system, incl. Macralon viewing hood
Fresh water tank
The liquid cleaned in the lamellar clarifier is stored in the integrated freshwater tank and prepared for supply to the production lines. The fill level is monitored continuously. Possible water losses in the circuit, e.g. due to evaporation, are automatically refilled.
The pH and salt value monitoring with water submersion system is optionally available.
- Water level monitoring with automatic feeding
- Auxiliary flange for connection of backup pressure pumps
- Overflow connection
- pH value monitoring
- Conductance monitoring
- Automatic water submersion system
The fully automatic control of ECS VMC plants takes place with a Siemens PLC. Operation and visualisation of the flow diagram of all processes and parameters take place via a 12” touchscreen colour display. The plant can be adjusted perfectly to the requirements of your operation and water quality with the comprehensive parameter settings.
With automatic switching between day and night operation and automatic sludge detection, VMC plants adjust to your production conditions automatically. Continuous operation and monitoring the plant by your employees are not necessary.
The cleaning and flushing program integrated in the control unit for all dirty water pumps, valves and lines enable automatic cleaning after each cycle.
Our ECS VMC software is developed in-house. It is based on our knowledge of process water preparation and our practical experience gathered for over 20 years. Customised software adjustments are possible according to your requirements.
- Siemens PLC
- 12” touchscreen colour display with visualisation of all pumps, valves, sensors and units
- Fully automatic flow control of the overall process water cleaning
- Automatic switching between day and night operation
- Integrated cleaning and flushing program
- Safety levels for adjustment of the plant, including password check
- Internal error analysis, including error text output in case of faults
- Teleport message service in case of a fault via email or text message
- Wireless transmission of the display to a control stand
- Customized software adjustment according to your requirements
Output and dimensions
||3260 x 2120 x 2800 mm
||3660 x 2120 x 2800 mm
||3960 x 2120 x 2800 mm
||4360 x 2120 x 2800 mm
||5160 x 2120 x 2800 mm
||5960 x 2120 x 2800 mm
||6760 x 2120 x 2800 mm
||7560 x 2120 x 2800 mm